Decorating for your wedding doesn’t have to cost a fortune—just a little planning, time, and a whole lot of wine! Here’s one idea on how to turn an empty wine bottle from old glass into wedding class.
- Wine bottle
- Light string
- ½” glass-hole cutter drill bit
- Safety glasses
- Pam cooking spray
- Cork (optional)
- Wash bottle; remove labels.
- Attach ½” glasscutter bit to drill.
- Lubricate the drill bit with Pam cooking spray.
- Put on safety glasses
- Drill a hole on the side of the wine bottle about 1/2-1” up from the base. Drill slowly without putting too much pressure on the glass. This could take 5 or more minutes. If there is a defect in the bottle, it might crack, so be sure to have a few extra bottles on hand.
- Wash and dry wine bottle to remove glass shards.
- Feed light string through the drilled hole and into the wine bottle.
- Optional: Top wine bottle with cork, if desired.